Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What makes Christmas lights worth it

Copied from my other blog site I thought this was worth posting in both places.

As in my last post we all know how much I like to decorate. Well last night our door bell rang. I was upstairs watching football as usual. My wife answered the door and there was this women and her children her husband was waiting in the truck at the edge of our driveway and she gave us a large can of three flavored popcorn and a very nice card. She and her family express how much they enjoyed our lights and had to give us their family Christmas light award for what they thought was the best house. We were touched and we realized that this is exactly why we do what we do. Not for the gifts but for the joy it might bring others. I was looking out the up stairs window like a stalker but I could see their faces as the walked through our yard and looked closer at the windows and play in the bubbles from our bubble machines. It was priceless. It made me revisit the train and I managed to get it working again for now. I have to be careful with it and baby it along in short runs and it will more than likely not make it to the New Year. But by God it will run on Christmas Eve even if it burns up again. Than I will buy more spare parts and be more prepared for next year. " And they heard him exclaim as he went out of sight Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night"

Thank you Thomson family you made our year.

Just saying But this time with a little bit of heart that I did not know I had.

Gang Out

No comments: